Panasonic began developing dry etching technology in the early 1980's with machines built for internal use. Now the technology is being provided to the North American market with front-end equipment for semiconductor and electronic device circuit micro fabrication.
The Panasonic E600 dry etch series offers several models including both R&D with single wafer loading and auto-loading production machines with magazine-to-magazine handling. Ideal applications include MEMS, metal etching, III/V and deep silicon via etching.
Features & Benefits
- ICP plasma with multi-spiral coil for high density plasma and good uniformity
- Load-lock system with highly reliable wafer transfer mechanism
- Smallest machine footprint in the industry
- Choice of mechanical chuck or ESC and heating/ cooling options
Range of Applications
- Si semiconductor: TSV, Deep Si, SiO2, Poly Si
- III/V: GaAs, InP, GaN
- MEMS: SiO2, Quartz, Au/Pt/PZT, Ti, Deep Si
- Others: Metal (SAW), NiFe (Sensor), Gate and Metal (TFT-LCD)